This page would contain the information shown below the line but as it refers to an item with a limited life and a deadline it, and others like it, such as ‘Submit an Event’ might appear on the left ‘sidebar’ menu as well as or instead of its current location.
Cover Image Competition
We are looking for inspiring and creative images that capture the Royston Arts Festival 2015 theme: ‘Illumination’ and would have eye-catching appeal as the programme cover for the festival.
Creative Royston who manage the festival, are calling on photographers, painters, crafters and creative people generally to send in their illuminating images, so that one can be selected to be the cover image for Royston Arts Festival 2015.
The selected image would also be used on posters, flyers, Creative Royston website, social media and other promotional materials and will include the artist’s name. We welcome submissions from people who live in Royston or the surrounding villages of all ages and abilities, from primary school children to professional artists. All entries will be displayed during the festival at a public exhibition.
- The image can be a photograph, drawing, painting, computer generated image, or collage.
- All images need to be in ‘portrait’ orientation.
- Photographs need to be high resolution images (at least 300dpi) taken by the photographer submitting the image and provided as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Computer generated images should be high resolution (at least 300dpi) JPEG or PNG files.
- Drawn, painted or collage images should be A4 in size and submitted in their original format via the post.
- Images should not contain any text or offensive material.
- The person submitting the image must only submit work that is their own copyright.
How to apply:
- Create your image.
- Either email your photograph or computer generated image to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your painting, drawing or collage to Creative Royston c/o Royston Town Hall, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA.
- All entries must include the following on the email or separate piece of paper attached to the entry:
- Your name and age (if under 18)
- Your address, email and daytime telephone number (please note these will not be shared outside of the Creative Royston committee)
- The deadline for submissions is midday Friday 1st May 2015. Any submissions received after this date will not be considered.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Only images created by the person submitting the entry are eligible. Copyright for the image must be owned by the entrant.
- Entrants must live in Royston (Hertfordshire) or the surrounding villages covered by The Listing distribution; or be a member of a Royston based arts society or group.
- By submitting an image the entrant agrees that the image (if selected) can be used by Creative Royston to promote Royston Arts Festival 2015 across all their promotional media and be exhibited at Royston Arts Festival 2015.
- Images will only be returned to their owner if collected on an agreed date following the Royston Arts Festival. Original works will not be returned by post.
- Judging of the submissions will take place shortly after the deadline by a selection panel. Their decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The winner will be notified prior to the public announcement of the selected cover image.
- The artist of the winning entry may be required to attend a photo opportunity with a Creative Royston photographer and press representatives and so by submitting an image, entrants agree to this requirement.
- Members of the Creative Royston Management Committee and their immediate families are not eligible to apply.
- Incomplete submissions and those received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Creative Royston cannot be held responsible for entries lost in transit or post and whilst they are in storage.
- Creative Royston reserves the right not to select an image from the entries if they are deemed unsuitable.
 The theme of ‘illumination’ was selected in part due to 2015 being the ‘International Year of Light and Light based Technologies’ for more information on the International Year of Light see: www.light2015.org
 Computer generated images must not include any images that are not of the artist’s own copyright.